This step is to ferment your ingredients, you will need to set up a Cauldron over a fire with water inside. Have your glass bottles and ingredients in your inventory.
• Add Ingredients with a Right-click
• Wait while they Ferment
• Fill in glass bottles
Use a clock on a cauldron if you want to know the time the ingredients have been fermenting. Follow the time shown in the recipe closely or you may ruin your drink!
Some recipes do not need distilling. For this process, you will need glowstone dust, bottles with fermented brews in your inventory and a brewing stand to place them in.
• Put the bottle with ferment into the brewing stand
• Put glowstone dust as a filter on top into the brewing stand (The filter will not be consumed)
A barrel is needed for aging. It can be built in three ways: Starting in 1.14 the Minecraft-Barrel can be used for aging of a few brews.
Simply craft and place the barrel and put the brews inside. This will only give you 3 slots for brews.
Small barrel: Use 8 wooden stairs to build a barrel shape. Place a Sign on the lower right side and write "Barrel" in the upper line Message "Barrel created" should appear.
Big barrel: Use 5 Fences, 16 Wooden stairs, and 18 wood planks to build a barrel shape. Attach a Spigot (Fence) and a Sign that has "Barrel" written on the first line Message "Barrel created" should appear You may remove the Sign from the Big Barrel after creating it. The small Barrel is opened with a right-click on the sign, the big barrel with a right-click on the spigot (fence). Put the Bottles into the Barrels for aging. Depending on the Recipe the Type of wood used may alter the quality of the aged Brew.
The Amount of Alcohol inside the Brew will be applied to the player when drinking. Depending on the quality of the brew different effects may occur. Below is a list of effects:
• The Player may not be able to walk normally anymore, he will weave, making it almost impossible to walk straight.
• Effects like Blindness, Confusion, Poison etc. occur.
• The Chat will be altered depending on drunkenness, many things players write may be incomprehensible, sometimes it seems senseless.
• If the Alcohol is particularly strong, it may have poisonous effects.
• After drinking a lot, there is a chance of vomiting.
• When logging off, the player may have difficulties reaching his character, thus some logging shortly after may be denied.
• After Over-drinking the player may faint (Disconnecting)
After drinking it takes a while until the alcohol is completely gone. During that time the alcohol level is steadily decreasing. Also, it can be decreased by consuming bread or milk.
When logging off extremely drunk, it may happen that, if the player logs back in after a while, they may find themselves at a completely unknown Place in the middle of nowhere not understanding how they got there. If the player logs back in after some hours or the next morning, they will find themselves at /home, again with no memories.
If the alcohol was not the best quality, the player may face some bad type of hangover (slowness and hunger).
Drink responsibly! We're in no way shape or form encouraging under-aged drinking, it's just a game! Have fun :)